Justice for all - 
through access to 
legal advice when 
you need it!

How to apply for a membership of

Pre-Paid Legal

Identify the plan you want

First, you need to identify the plan you want. You do that on PPL's web site. The options vary from state to state and from province to province. But just about all offer the following:

  • Standard Family plan - which is the basis you MUST have.

  • Extended Family plan - with trial protection coverage; it generally costs only $9/month extra, and you should get if you possibly can, particularly if you live in the USA where the risk of being sued is about 8 times as high as in Canada... With the trial protection coverage, your PPL membership basically pays for defending yourself in court.

  • Legal Shield Rider - which gives you access to a lawyer 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, through a toll-free number. You need this if you don't want to sit in jail for days after being arrested on false claims... And it costs only $1/month as an add-on to the family plan....

  • Identity Theft Shield - which cover you against the consequences of your ID being stolen and misused by others. Considering that over 15% of all Americans have been subject to this so far, this is a protection you don't want to be without...

  • The Home-Based Business Rider - which is an addition that also covers your home-based business, as long as it employs fewer than 3 people. This is a steal - if it is available in your state/province and you run a business from your home, you are crazy if you don't sign up for it...

Be aware that not all programs described above might be available where you live. You can find out from PPL's web site - but you can also call us or e-mail us, and we will help you!

If you run a business outside your home, you should seriously consider PPL's Business plan.

Select the right application form

The form you need to use for applying for membership varies with your location.

If you live in Canada, you use this form and this guide to fill it in.

If you live in any of these provinces:

  • British Columbia
  • Alberta
  • Manitoba
  • Ontario
then you should use this form and
this guide to fill it in

If you live in anywhere else in Canada, then you will have to wait till the provincial/territorial government there gets its act in order and takes PPL's application seriously, so the services can be established there too.

If you live in the USA, the form and the procedure varies from state to state. There are two categories of states, and each category has its own procedure, as shown below.

If you live in any of these states:

- but if you live here:

  • Alaska
  • Arizona
  • California
  • Colorado
  • Connecticut
  • Delaware
  • DC
  • Georgia
  • Hawaii
  • Idaho
  • Indiana
  • Iowa
  • Kansas
  • Kentucky
  • Louisiana
  • Maine
  • Maryland
  • Michigan
  • Minnesota
  • Missouri
  • Nevada
  • New Hampshire
  • New Jersey
  • New Mexico
  • New York
  • North Carolina
  • Ohio
  • Oklahoma
  • Oregon
  • Pennsylvania
  • Rhode Island
  • South Dakota
  • Utah
  • Vermont
  • Washington
  • West Virginia
  • Wyoming
  • Alabama
  • Arkansas
  • Florida
  • Illinois
  • Massachusetts
  • Mississippi
  • Montana
  • Nebraska
  • North Dakota
  • South Carolina
  • Tennessee
  • Texas
  • Virginia
  • Wisconsin

then you use this form and
this guide to fill it in.

then you use this form and
this guide to fill it in.

You can open the form and the guides - they are simple PDF documents you easily can print. Please do so. Then follow the guide for filling in the application form. When done, fax it or mail it to PPL's headquarters in Ada, Oklahoma.

This site is presented to you by

Novasol Judicare Inc.
- an International Business Corporation
that supports personal freedom.

All rights are reserved.
Copying and/or distributing the contents of this web page to other people (also partially),
without prior written consent from us, is prohibited by law.